Hotel Historical Centre



Former warehouse “De Koredraeger” has had many different appearances throughout the years. After the building burnt down in 1949, old remnants were used to build a new warehouse, which would exist till 1974. After 1974, the building was used by BIMhuis (an important jazz podium) for 30 years. In 2005, BIMhuis moved to a new building next to the IJ and the now empty warehouse was renovated to make room for 27 hotel apartments. As much of the load-bearing structure as possible was re-used, but the front facade was replaced due to dilapidated brickwork and window frames. The renovated building now houses a hotel that rents out luxury suites. 


By :
Comments : Off